How to sit properly?
- While sitting on a chair your foot should rest on the floor. If not possible, use a foot rest.
- Avoid crossing your legs. Your heels and your knees should be in one line.
- Keep your legs and knees relaxed, do not wear tight trousers or socks .
- Sit with your legs slightly apart, keep your back and neck straight inline with spine.
- Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
How do I stand properly?
- Wear comfortable footwear
- Don’t push your knees backward. This keeps your knees soft while standing
- Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart and neck straight inline with spine.
- Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body and shoulder relaxed..
- If you have a long standing job then crunch and relax your feet every hour.
- Let your abdomen be relaxed so that your breath through your abdomen.
- Practice 10 to 15 mins of “Legs Up on the Wall” Pose (Viparita karani) For those who are stand long hours, it is a very important, relaxing and easy asana for them.
- Keep your body weight on both the legs.
What is the proper lying position?
- Find the mattress that is suitable for you. A firm mattress is generally recommended.
- Sleep on a soft pillow which is not too high and hard .
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- Sleep on your side or back. Sleeping on the left side helps in digestion.
- Don’t cross your legs while sleeping